- 12 Jumbo shrimp peeled
- 1 tsp sea salt fine ground
- 1 tsp black pepper fine ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 head garlic
- 1 baguette sliced 1/4-3/8" thick
- 4 fresh roma tomatoes finely chopped, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil destemmed, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut garlic head in half as you would an orange, brush inside and out with olive oil, reassemble garlic head, wrap loosely in aluminum foil. Roast for 35 minutes, let cool. Squeeze garlic out of each side of head into monkey bowl, mash into paste with a fork.
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with olive oil, place on backing sheet. Toast in oven 5 minutes, flip slices, toast 5 more minutes. Remove from oven, let cool.
- Lay-out shrimp on cutting board or similar surface and generously season all sides with salt and pepper, brush with olive oil. Grill 90 seconds each side over charcoal or on smoking hot, lightly greased skillet. Let cool, chop, set aside.
- Combine shrimp, tomato, and basil in mixing bowl, fold until well-distributed. Spread thin layer of garlic paste onto one side of each toast, top with shrimp mixture. Repeat for remaining toast. Arrange bruschetta on platter, serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!