- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 8 ozs cheddar cheese NOT pre-grated!
- ¾ cup mayonnaise Hellmann's, of course
- 16 oz jar Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips
- Put lemon juice and saffron in mortar, pulverize completely with pestle, set aside.
- Grate cheddar.
- Drain peppers, rinse and blot dry with paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl, fold until well mixed.
Let this pimento cheese rest in the fridge overnight. It's worth the wait. Serve on toasted rye bread with grown-up arugula.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!