- 1 lb unsalted butter you can always add salt
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce anything other than Lea & Perrins is risky
- 2 tbsp lemon juice yes, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic don't you dare buy this in a jar
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper preferably ground just before use
- 2 tbsp creole seasoning we like Tony Chachere's
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika Hungarian, of course
- 2 lbs shrimp always head-on Gulf brown
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in 12" skillet, whisking over medium-high heat until butter is completely melted and bubbling. Add shrimp, stir and toss for about 5 minutes. Serve with hot French bread.
You can add some fresh or dried herbs if you like: basil, thyme, oregano and parsley work well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!