- 16 oz blue crab meat jumbo lump (critical)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt finely ground
- ¼ tsp white pepper finely ground
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup mayonnaise Hellmann's (do I even have to say it?)
- 4 hot dog buns plumpest ones you can find
- 1 stick butter unsalted
- 2 lemons halved
- Place crab meat in large mixing bowl and gently separate lumps. Sprinkle herbs and dry ingredients over and gently turn crab meat to distribute. Add mayonnaise and fold gently to coat lumps evenly. Set aside.
- With a bread knife, slice off a thin layer of each side of each hot dog bun.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in skillet over medium heat, swirl melted butter to distribute. Splay one hot dog bun in skillet, lightly pressing to make contact and grill until golden brown. Repeat with additional tbsp butter for other side of bun, repeat process for remaining buns.
- Spoon crab into buns, serve with lemon half.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!