- Sous vide set-up
- Immersion blender (you can use a regular blender or food processor)
- 5 egg yolks (3 ozs)
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter 1 1/2 sticks
- 3 ozs red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot finely diced, about 1 oz
- 1/4 oz tarragon fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt finely ground, sea or kosher
- 1/2 tsp white pepper finely ground
- Heat sous vide bath to 167°F. Place egg yolk and butter in one vacuum bag, all other ingredients in another. Place both sealed bags in bath for 30 minutes. Empty butter/egg bag into container to be used with immersion blender. Strain vinegar into same container, leaving behind shallot and tarragon. Blend thoroughly until smooth and frothy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!